Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time to get going again

I have been very fortunate for the past 9 years to not have any trouble with my knee.  In December of '09 I had to have my knee reconstructed after a softball injury.  Until March of this year I had never had any issues with it.  Then I twisted it.  I cannot believe how long it has taken for me to be able to even think about jogging again because of the stiffness in my knee.  This past weekend I decided I would give it a try and I was able to jog a mile straight through and do a walk/jog combination for the other 4 mile.  I was so excited.  I feel like I have been given my freedom back.  I was depressed thinking that I was not going to be able to jog again after just starting to really try.  The best news is that it was just a tiny bit stiff after that walk/jog but not unbearably so and I also felt like I could do it again the next day (if my quads hadn't been so sore).

No comments:

Post a Comment