Monday, August 3, 2009

July Flew By!!

I am amazed by the fact we have had to flip the calendar to August already. Where did July go? When I sit back and reflect, I realize it was crazy, busy at our house.

Our oldest son came home on leave. That was quickly followed by ALL of my siblings arriving (one at a time). That is the first time in 5 years we have all been together. We spent the majority of 2 weeks hanging out and catching up. Thrown into that was a party to celebrate my brother's wedding, my mom's birthday and Steve's deployment to Iraq. Here is a picture of the 6 siblings all together in age order.


Then July 18th we said a very teary good bye to Steve, our oldest, as he left to go back to Fort Lewis, WA, where he got ready to deploy on the 24th. He is currently in Kuwait getting equipment ready for the rest of his unit to join him and then they will head into Iraq. We have been so happy that he has been able to contact us a couple of times by phone. I cannot imagine if we still lived in the era of snail mail and no easy worldwide phone connections.

Throw in a few struggles with Tori's diabetes (2 bad sites, ketones and an endo visit) and Teddi's driving and it has been quite the eventful month!

1 comment:

  1. ((hugs)) I know it was hard having Steven ship out.

    I love the picture of your family! You can definitely tell you're related.

    ReplyDelete